amaretti biscuit brownie
- 225g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 100g amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 100g milk coffee biscuits, crushed
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the biscuit base, place the biscuits and butter in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Place in the freezer to firm until ready to use.
- Place the butter and both chocolates in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the flour and stir until well combined. Pour over the biscuit base and cook for 35–40 minutes or until fudgy when tested with a skewer. Set aside in the tin to cool completely before cutting into squares to serve. Makes 20.
There are no comments for this entry yet.