bacon and rosemary roasted lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 x 1.3kg easy-carve lamb leg
- 12 slices streaky bacon+ or pancetta
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- 1 cup (170g) instant polenta
- ¼ cup (60ml) single (pouring) cream
- 50g butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Place the rosemary, garlic, salt, oil and lemon juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Place 1 tablespoon of the rosemary mixture in the centre of the lamb leg. With a small, sharp knife make shallow slits in the lamb leg and spread the remaining rosemary mixture over, pressing it into the slits.
- Wrap the bacon around the lamb and secure with kitchen string. Place the lamb on a wire rack in a baking dish. Add 2 cups (500ml) of stock to the baking dish and roast for 1–1¼ hours for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Place remaining stock in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta, whisking continuously. Cook for 2–5 minutes or until thickened. Stir through the cream and butter. Slice the lamb and serve with the polenta. Serves 4.
+ Streaky bacon is a fatty cut of bacon without the loin attached.
Made this on the weekend…best I have ever cooked…once again amazing recipes and pretty much fool proof. A big THANKS!
donna hay team
Thank you! The lemon juice should be added to the rosemary mixture, the recipe has now been corrected! The DH team
The ingredients list calls for 1 Tblsp lemon juice but the method does not indicate where it is to be used. Can This be rectified please? Thank you.