with tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 350g pork mince
- 350g veal mince
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 12 baby bocconcini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- finely grated parmesan and micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) leaves, or basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the milk and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the pork, veal, salt, pepper and half the garlic to the bowl and mix for 2–3 minutes or until very well combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into 12 balls and press a bocconcini into the centre of each meatball. Place a large heavy-based saucepan in the oven to for 10 minutes or until hot.
- Add the oil and meatballs and return to the oven for 10–15 minutes or until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, sugar, vinegar and remaining garlic and cook for a further 15–20 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced. Sprinkle with the parmesan and basil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.