with tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 slice white bread, crust removed, torn
- 700g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 24 baby bocconcini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Place the milk and bread in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or until milk is absorbed. Add the pork, fennel, chilli, half the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Roll the mixture into 24 balls and press a bocconcini into the centre of each meatball. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook the meatballs for 4–5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through.
- Add the remaining oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.