- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 1 baby cos (romaine) lettuce, leaves separated
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the lemongrass, garlic and beef and cook for 5–8 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chilli and cook for a further minute.
- Fill lettuce leaves with mince and top with coriander. Serve with lime wedges. Serves 2.
Tip: You can turn this snack into a more substantial meal by serving with cooked rice noodles or steamed rice.
There are no comments for this entry yet.