roast sweet potato, garlic
and chicken fettuccine
- 1 (340g) sweet potato (kumara), peeled and chopped
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated
- 1 x 200g chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g fettuccine
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- olive oil, extra, to serve
- red wine or balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF). Place the sweet potato, garlic, chicken, salt, pepper and olive oil in a baking dish and toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sweet potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Peel the garlic and mash with the back of a fork. Shred the chicken.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add the sweet potato, garlic, chicken and parsley and toss to combine. Drizzle with vinegar to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.