lemon chicken pasta
- 400g spaghetti or linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 3 cooked chicken breast fillets, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (40g) grated parmesan
- Place the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a deep frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, capers, garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and lemon zest and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until the chicken is heated through. Add the pasta to the pan with the lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place in serving bowls and top with parmesan. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.