broccoli, broad bean and cucumber tabouli
with creamy hummus dressing
- 800g broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups (300g) frozen broad (fava) beans, blanched and peeled
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 170g Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
creamy hummus dressing
- ¼ cup (60g) store-bought hummus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). To make the dressing, place the hummus, water, lemon juice and pepper in bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the broccoli, in batches, in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. Transfer to a large bowl, add the garlic, oil, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Spread the mixture on 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 8–10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the parsley, mint, beans, chilli, broccoli and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad and cucumber between plates. Top with the extra parsley and mint, drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.