apple, rhubarb and pecan crumble
- 2 Granny Smith (green) apples (400g), peeled and chopped
- 500g rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ⅓ cup (50g) raisins
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- ⅓ cup (115g) maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- coconut ice-cream, to serve
orange, pecan and amaranth crumble
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1⅓ cups (160g) pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (25g) amaranth flakes
- 2 tablespoons linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the crumble, place the orange rind, pecan, amaranth flakes, linseeds and maple syrup in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the apple, rhubarb, ginger, raisins, orange juice and maple syrup in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Spoon into a 4-cup-capacity (1-litre) baking dish and top with the crumble mixture.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with ice cream and extra maple syrup. SERVES 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.