cheat’s portuguese custard tarts
- 12 square wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks, extra
- 1 cup (240g) crème fraîche
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (90g) golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with the wonton wrappers.
- Place the egg, extra yolks, the crème fraîche, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for 10 minutes or until just blistered. Drizzle the tarts with half the golden syrup and bake for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the tins and place on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- Top tarts with the remaining golden syrup to serve. Makes 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.