carrot and kimchi fritters
with chilli egg
- 500g (1 lb 1 oz) carrots, peeled and shredded using a julienne peeler
- 1½ cups (200g/7 oz) grated cauliflower
- 1 cup (280g/10 oz) kimchi, shredded
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) milk
- ⅓ cup (55g/2 oz) brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- green snake beans, blanched
- green onion (scallion), thinly sliced, chilli sauce and purple shiso leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 4 eggs
- To make the fritters, place the carrot, cauliflower, kimchi, eggs, milk, flour and chia in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat 2 medium non-stick frying pans over medium heat. Add a little oil and 1 cupful of mixture into each pan. Spread the mixture thinly to cover the base of the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding more oil as necessary to make each fritter. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To make the chilli eggs, return frying pans to medium heat and add a teaspoon of oil to each.
- Sprinkle each pan with chilli and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 egg, lightly whisked, to each pan and swirl to the edges. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until edges are crisp. Remove to a board and roll thinly. Repeat to make 4 chilli egg omelettes. Thinly slice omelettes.
- To serve, divide fritters between plates, top with beans, chilli eggs, green onion, chilli sauce and purple shiso. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.