caramel cashew and coffee smoothie
- 6 fresh dates (90g), pitted and halved
- ½ cup (75g) raw cashews
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 3 x 40ml Nespresso Nicaragua coffee capsules, extracted+
- 2 cups (500ml) almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes, plus extra to serve
- Place the dates and cashews in a heatproof bowl and cover with the warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the dates and cashews to soften, then drain.
- Extract the Nespresso Nicaragua coffee capsules using the espresso setting, which is 40ml per extraction, giving you 120ml of coffee in total.
- Place the dates, cashews, almond milk, coffee and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve over extra ice. Serves 2
+ We used the Nespresso original coffee machine.
+ If you prefer the smoothie sweeter, just had 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
Photography: William Meppem
donna hay team
Hi Meg, We prefer to use a high powered blender to blitz the raw cashews fine enough. You could substitute the raw cashews for cashew butter/spread. However as we have not tested the recipe this way, let us know how you go. Enjoy!
Could you substitute cashew butter/spread for the raw cashews? I found the raw cashews were still a bit large even after processing.
Yum Yum Delicious!!