apple and blueberry crumble slice
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups (180g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ⅔ cup (160ml) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla bean yoghurt and fresh blueberries, to serve
apple and blueberry filling
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (250g) frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- To make the base, place the oats, coconut, almond meal, maple, oil, egg whites, vanilla and cinnamon into a bowl and mix to combine. Reserve 1½ cups of mixture for the crumble topping. Press the remaining mixture into a 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- While the base is cooking, place the apples, blueberries, maple and cornflour into a bowl and toss to combine. Spoon the filling over the cooked base and sprinkle with the reserved topping. Bake for 35 minutes or until the slice is golden and crisp.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla bean yoghurt and fresh blueberries. Serves 12
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.