carrot cake granola
- 4 cups (360g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (240g) grated carrot
- 2 cups (230g) roughly chopped pecans
- 2 cups (200g) roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (250ml) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups (220g) raisins+
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 3 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the oats, carrot, pecans, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla and gently mix to coat.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared trays, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir the mixture and bake for a further 10–15 minutes or until the granola is golden and crunchy. Allow to cool on the trays. Add the raisins and toss through to serve. Makes 12 cups
+ You can use dried cranberries instead of raisin.
The granola will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
If you’re gifting this granola, store in glass jars, cover with a lid and decorate with a piece of calico that is tied with natural jute ribbon or string. For a decorative touch, add a sprig of maple leaves or any other foliage that you have in your garden.
Photography: Chris Court
This is delicious. Make sure you use big baking trays or it’ll take longer. Yum