- 1½ cups (300g) kimchi+, chopped
- 1 x quantity basic waffle batter (see recipe in description)
- ¼ cup (60ml) kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)++
- ¼ cup (75g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 3 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (25g) store-bought crispy fried eschalots (French shallots)
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Add the kimchi to the waffle batter and fold to combine. Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cook ¾ cup (180ml) of the waffle batter for 6–7 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 waffles.
- Divide the waffles between serving plates and drizzle with the kecap manis and mayonnaise. Top with the onion, eschalot and shiso leaves to serve. Serves 4
+ Kimchi is a Korean spicy pickle made with cabbage and other vegetables. Find it in Asian supermarkets and grocers.
++ Kecap manis is a thick, sweet Indonesian soy sauce, available from Asian grocery stores and some supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.