classic margherita pizza
- white spelt flour, for dusting
- ½ x quantity simple spelt loaf dough (see basic recipe link under method)+
- 600g fresh mozzarella or bocconcini*, drained and torn
- 600g cherry tomatoes, squashed and torn
- ½ cup oregano leaves
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ¾ cup (60g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Heat a 30cm pizza tray in the oven. Lightly dust a clean surface with flour. Divide the dough into quarters. Roll each piece out into a thin 28cm round. Place 1 round on the hot tray and, working quickly, sprinkle with one-quarter of the mozzarella, tomato and oregano.
- Drizzle with oil and bake for 12–15 minutes or until the base is crisp and the cheese is golden. Repeat with the remaining bases and toppings. Sprinkle with the parmesan and basil and slice to serve. Makes 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ This recipe begins with spelt dough – simply prepare the basic recipe until the end of step 3.
Photography: Will Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.