blackberry swirl yoghurt ice-cream
- 3 cups (750ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1½ cups (225g) frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the cream, yoghurt, icing sugar and vanilla in a large jug and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large zip-lock bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal. Lay each bag flat on a baking tray and freeze for 2½ hours or until firm and just frozen.
- While the ice-cream mixture is freezing, place the caster sugar, blackberries and lemon juice in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Refrigerate until cold.
- Remove the bags from the freezer and, using your hands, gently bend each bag to break up the mixture into small pieces. Place 1 bag of the mixture in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin. Spoon over half the chilled blackberry mixture and swirl through, using a knife. Repeat with the remaining ice-cream mixture and blackberry mixture. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Scoop into bowls or cones to serve. Makes 1.7 litres.
There are no comments for this entry yet.