brown rice crispy treats
- 3 cups (45g) puffed brown rice+
- 1 cup (80g) flaked almonds
- ½ cup (70g) pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- ½ cup (175g) honey
- ½ cup (140g) smooth peanut butter
- 80g 70% chocolate, melted
- Place the puffed brown rice, almonds, pistachios and chia in a large bowl. Place the honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Add the honey mixture to the brown rice mixture and stir well to combine.
- Firmly press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Cut the slice into 5cm x 10cm pieces, dip one end into the chocolate and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Makes 8.
+ Puffed brown rice is available from the health food aisle of the supermarket and health food stores.
TIP: Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days.
Made these today, & OMG , they are indeed delicious. I added in some coconut flakes, & omitted the melted chocolate, as I thought they were sweet enough!!