with peach and nectarine swirl
- 1/2 cup light agave syrup+
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut cream
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 3 ripe peaches (350g), chopped
- 2 ripe nectarines (250g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the agave syrup, coconut cream and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into a 20 x 30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 2½ hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Place the peach, nectarine, maple syrup and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15–20 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool.
- Place the cooled mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug and set aside.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a butter knife, break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon the ice-cream mixture into a 2-litre-capacity tin, spoon over the peach mixture and gently stir through with a metal spoon. Freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen. Scoop into bowls or cones to serve. Serves 6–8
+ Agave syrup is a natural sweetener from the agave plant, similar in consistency to honey. Find it in health food stores and some supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.