double choc-hazelnut ice-cream
- 3 cups (750ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (330g) chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ½ cup (50g) Dutch cocoa
- chocolate-dipped pretzel cones+ or store-bought waffle cones, to serve
- Place the cream, milk, vanilla, chocolate-hazelnut spread and cocoa in a large jug and whisk until the mixture is combined and the cocoa is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a 20 x 30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 3 hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a butter knife, break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Scoop into cones to serve. Makes 1.8 litres
+ To make the cones, place 200g melted dark chocolate and ½ teaspoon vegetable oil in a bowl and stir to combine. Dip the top of 6 store-bought waffle cones into the chocolate, tapping to remove any excess. Dip into 1 cup (50g) chopped pretzels to coat and place in a glass to set.
There are no comments for this entry yet.