raw cacao ice-cream
with hazelnut praline
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut cream
- 400ml can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup (45g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place the cacao, maple syrup, coconut cream and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into 2 large zip-lock bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal. Lay the bags flat on a baking tray and freeze for 2 hours or until just frozen.
- To make the hazelnut praline, preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).Place the hazelnut and maple syrup on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and toss to combine. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool and break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the cacao mixture from the freezer and, using your hands, bend the bags to break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor, in batches, and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor.
- Spoon the ice-cream mixture into a 2-litre-capacity tin and freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen. Sprinkle with the hazelnut praline to serve. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.