raw cacao ice-cream
with hazelnut praline
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut cream
- 400ml can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup (45g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place the cacao, maple syrup, coconut cream and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a 20 x 30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 2½ hours or until firm and just frozen.
- To make the hazelnut praline, preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).Place the hazelnut and maple syrup on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and toss to combine. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool and break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a butter knife, break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon the ice-cream mixture into a 2-litre-capacity tin and freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen. Sprinkle with the hazelnut praline to serve. Serves 6–8