rhubarb, blackberry and toasted coconut cobbler
- 500g rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (225g) frozen blackberries, thawed
- ⅓ cup (75g) raw caster (superfine) sugar, plus ⅓ cup (75g), extra
- ½ cup (125ml) apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) white spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 50g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1½ cups (75g) flaked coconut
- toasted flaked coconut, to serve
- store-bought frozen coconut yoghurt+, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the rhubarb, blackberries, sugar, apple juice and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Place the mixture in a 30cm (2-litre-capacity) ovenproof dish and set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder, almond meal, butter and extra sugar in a medium bowl and rub the mixture together with your fingers to combine. Add the buttermilk and 1 cup (50g) of the flaked coconut and mix until just combined. Spoon the topping over the rhubarb mixture and sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Place on a baking tray and cook for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with toasted flaked coconut and top with frozen coconut yoghurt to serve. Serves 4
+ Frozen coconut yoghurt is available from selected supermarkets and specialty food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.