ricotta and buttermilk ice-cream
- 4 cups (960g) fresh firm ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (200g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- Place the ricotta, vanilla, sugar, buttermilk, lemon rind and juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a 20cm x 30cm slice tin or metal container and freeze for 4–6 hours or until frozen.
- Allow to soften at room temperature for 5–10 minutes. Cut into squares and, in batches, place in the food processor and process until smooth. Return the mixture to the tin and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping into bowls to serve. Makes 1 litre
There are no comments for this entry yet.