vietnamese coffee ice-cream
- 3 cups (750ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- ¾ cup (180ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (10g) instant coffee granules
- Place the cream, milk, condensed milk, vanilla and coffee in a large jug and whisk to dissolve the coffee.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large zip-lock bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal. Lay each bag flat on a baking tray and freeze for 3 hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Remove the bags from the freezer and, using your hands, gently bend each bag to break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor, in 2 batches, and process for 1–2 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon the ice-cream into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Scoop into bowls or cones to serve. Makes 1.6 litres.
There are no comments for this entry yet.