veal with tarragon butter and oven-roasted chips
- 1kg sebago (starchy) potatoes, cut into thin chips
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 150g veal schnitzel steaks
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
- 6 sprigs tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 250°C (485°F). Place the potato, 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper on a large greased oven tray and toss to combine. Cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden.
- While the potato is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the veal with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 4 minutes, turning. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the butter, capers, tarragon and garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until foaming. Place the veal and chips on serving plates and drizzle with the butter mixture to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.