char-grilled tahini pork skewers
- ½ cup (140g) tahini
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 800g boneless pork neck, trimmed and sliced into 2cm strips
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (45g) salted peanuts, chopped
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Place the tahini, coconut milk, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and oil in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place half the tahini mixture and the pork in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a lightly greased char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat.
- Thread the pork onto 12 metal skewers and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Top with the chilli, peanut and shiso, drizzle with extra honey and serve with the remaining tahini sauce. Serves 4
Photography: Ben Dearnley
This was really delicious and tasted very authentic. My guests were literally fighting over these. As we have nut allergies we used sunflower seed butter instead of fresh peanuts and this made for a fine substitute