green chilli and ginger
grilled salmon skewers
- 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) fish sauce
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 700g salmon fillet, skin removed, sliced 1.5cm thick
- ½ cup (125ml) lime juice
- 8 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g thin dry rice noodles
- ground nut or vegetable oil for cooking
- lime wedges, coriander and mint leaves, to serve
- Place the green chillies, fish sauce, ginger and syrup in a bowl and mix to combine. Thread salmon onto skewers. Spoon ½ cup of the dressing over the skewers and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, cucumbers and spring onions to the remaining dressing and mix to combine.
- Place the noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 3-4 minutes or until soft then drain.
- Heat a large frypan over high heat. Drizzle the skewers with a little oil and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until caramelised and cooked to your liking.
- To serve, divide noodles between serving bowls and top with the skewers, cucumber mixture, lime, coriander and mint. Serves 4
+ Try this recipe with chicken. Just adjust the cooking time to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.