kimchi and tofu fried brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cups cooked brown rice+, cooled
- 300g firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 bunch (360g) gai lan (Chinese broccoli), trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup (70g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1½ cups (300g) kimchi, chopped
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Place a wok over high heat for 2 minutes or until very hot. Add the oil, garlic and leek and cook for 4 minutes or until golden. Add the rice and tofu and cook, tossing, for 6 minutes. Add the gai lan and peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add the oyster sauce and kimchi and cook for 1 minute. Top the rice with shiso to serve. Serves 4–6
+ 1 cup (200g) uncooked brown rice makes 2 cups cooked brown rice.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.