maple and chilli roasted pumpkin
with quinoa tabouli
- 1 x 2kg (4 lb 4 oz) or 2 x 1kg (2 lb 3 oz) butternut pumpkin (squash), halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (40g/1½ oz) roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 cups (320g/11¼ oz) cooked quinoa
- ½ cup (8g/¼ oz) torn mint leaves
- 60g (2 oz) wild rocket (arugula) leaves
lemon tahini dressing
- ½ cup (140g/5 oz) hulled tahini
- ⅔ cup (160ml/5½ fl oz) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml/8½ fl oz) water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and discard. Place pumpkin, cut side up, onto a baking tray. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make some shallow slashes into the pumpkin flesh. Combine the oil, maple, chilli, salt and pepper and brush over the pumpkin. Cover with aluminium foil and roast for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for a further 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and soft.
- To make the quinoa tabouli, in a large bowl combine the quinoa, mint, and rocket.
- To make the lemon tahini dressing, in a small bowl, place the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic and salt. Mix to combine.
- To serve, place the pumpkin onto a serving platter and top with the tabouli. Drizzle with the lemon tahini dressing and sprinkle over almonds. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.