sesame and nori roasted broccolini
with green tea noodles
- 600g broccolini
- 1 cup (140g) frozen podded edamame, thawed
- 250g green tea noodles+, cooked following packet instructions
- 2 cups purple basil leaves
- baby (micro) shiso leaves, to serve
SESAME AND NORI BUTTER
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped nori++
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white pickled ginger
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). To make the sesame and nori butter, place the butter, nori, sesame seeds, pickled ginger, wasabi, sesame oil and salt in a small food processor and process until well combined.
- Place the broccolini on a large oven tray and toss with the sesame and nori butter. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Top with the edamame and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Add the noodles, basil and shiso leaves to the tray to serve. Serves 4
+ Green tea noodles are available from some large supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
++ Nori is an edible seaweed sold in dried, paper-thin sheets, commonly used to make sushi rolls. It’s available in Asian grocery stores and in the Asian section of some supermarkets.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.