hot pepper pork skewers
with raw cabbage and radish kimchi
- 800g pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into strips
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- black sesame seeds and baby (micro) coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons gochujang red pepper paste+ or chilli sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- ½ wombok (Chinese cabbage), sliced
- 4 radishes (140g), sliced
- To make the kimchi, place the garlic, ginger, gochujang or chilli sauce, vinegar, honey, fish sauce and green onion in a bowl and mix to combine. Transfer half of the chilli mixture to a large bowl with the pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1–2 hours.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Thread the pork onto metal skewers and brush with the oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the cabbage, radish and a little of the remaining chilli mixture in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the skewers and kimchi between serving plates, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and coriander and serve with the remaining chilli mixture. Serves 4.
+ Kochujang or gochujang red pepper paste is available from Asian supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.