roasted tomato and bean salad
with burratta and tomato dressing
- 600g small heirloom tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, skin on
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 400g purple runner beans+, blanched
- 200g burrata, torn
- micro (baby) lemon balm, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons oil on a large oven tray and toss to combine. Cook for 10 minutes or until garlic is tender and tomatoes are blistered. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a medium bowl. Add 3 of the roasted tomatoes and the vinegar, sumac and remaining oil, then crush with a fork. Set aside.
- Divide the beans, burrata and remaining roasted tomatoes between plates. Spoon over the tomato dressing, drizzle with the extra oil and top with pepper and lemon balm to serve. Serves 4
+ You can find purple runner beans at greengrocers and farmers markets. You can use green runner beans, if unavailable.
There are no comments for this entry yet.