spiced black bean jacket sweet potatoes
- 4 x 350g sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes (400g), finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- ½ cup (140g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- micro (baby) coriander and lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Wrap each sweet potato in aluminium foil and place on a large oven tray. Cook, turning halfway, for 1 hour or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and onion, and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add the beans, thyme, paprika, water, tomato, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a small sharp knife, make a slit in the potatoes and carefully squeeze the sides to open. Divide the bean mixture between the potatoes. Top with the yoghurt, chilli and coriander and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.