turkey satay jacket sweet potatoes
- 4 x 350g sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g turkey mince
- ⅓ cup (45g) salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), shredded
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro), to serve
- ⅓ cup (95g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Wrap each sweet potato in aluminium foil and place on a large oven tray. Cook, turning halfway, for 1 hour or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the satay sauce. Place the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, water and honey in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add half the satay sauce and half the peanut and stir to combine.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways and divide between 4 plates. Divide the turkey mixture between the potatoes. Top with the remaining satay sauce, remaining peanut and the onion and coriander to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.