iced coffee granita
with whipped vanilla cream
- 240ml fresh espresso
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- ¾ cup (180ml) light agave syrup+
whipped vanilla cream
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place the espresso, milk and agave in a jug and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into a 20cm x 30cm metal slice tin. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, or until firm.
- To make the whipped vanilla cream, place the cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk, using hand-held beaters, until soft peaks form.
- Scrape the granita with a fork and divide among 4 glasses. Top with the whipped vanilla cream to serve. Serves 4
+ Agave syrup is a natural sweetener from the agave plant, similar in consistency to honey but with a neutral flavour. Find it in health food stores and some supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.