roasted beetroot flatbreads
with salted honey walnuts
- 400g baby beetroot, trimmed, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 4 tarragon sprigs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (25g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 100g feta, thinly sliced
- 2 large crispbreads
- balsamic glaze, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the beetroot, tarragon, oil, salt and pepper, in a bowl and toss to combine. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Place the walnuts, honey and salt on a tray line with non-stick baking paper, toss together and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- To assemble, place the crispbreads onto the serving board and top with the feta, beetroot, tarragon and salted honey walnuts. Drizzle with a little balsamic glaze before serving. Serves 4
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir 2018 which has notes of black cherry and bramble fruit plus subtle layers of gentle spice and boysenberry making it the perfect partner for these recipes.
Photography: Con Poulos
Click the links below for the recipes featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.