cauliflower and corn chowder
- 800g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 corncobs, kernels removed
- 400g can cannellini (white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- ½ bunch chives, chopped
- ¼ cup dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place 2 cups of the cauliflower in a large bowl. Add the garlic, parmesan, salt, pepper and half of the oil and toss to combine. Spread the cauliflower mixture on a large oven tray and cook for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the corn, beans, stock, water, salt, pepper and remaining cauliflower. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes. Pour half of the mixture into a jug. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth. Return to the soup and cook for 10 minutes. Divide the soup between bowls and top with the roasted cauliflower, chives, dill and pepper to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.