- 2 large Lebanese flatbreads (wholemeal optional)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (sweet as can be)
- ½ cup (125ml) tomato puree (passata)
- 180g drained bocconcini or mozzarella, torn
- ⅔ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons torn basil or oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the flatbreads on the prepared trays.
- Using a small sharp knife, carefully make a little cut in each tomato and, holding it over a bowl, gently squish to remove the seeds and excess juice (it’s a good idea to wear an apron for this part). Tear the tomatoes in half and set aside. Discard the seeds and juice.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the puree over each flatbread until it’s almost all the way to the edges. Divide the torn tomato and bocconcini between the pizza bases.
- Sprinkle the pizzas with the parmesan and top with the basil. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty and golden and the base is crisp.
- Wearing oven gloves, carefully remove the pizzas from the oven and allow them to cool on the trays for 5 minutes. Slide the pizzas onto a chopping board and, using a sharp knife or pizza wheel, slice to serve. Serves 3–4
There are no comments for this entry yet.