raw caramel oat cookies
- ⅓ cup (55g/2 oz) sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup (55g/2 oz) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 cup (90g/3 oz) rolled oats
- 12 soft fresh dates (240g/8½ oz), pitted
- ½ cup (125g/4½ oz) cashew, almond or peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- finely crushed pistachios, freeze-dried raspberries or cacao nibs, for sprinkling (see cook’s notes)
- Line a large tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the sunflower seeds, pepitas, hemp seeds, oats, dates, cashew butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a food processor and process until a rough dough forms.
- Roll 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place on the tray, sprinkle with pistachios, freeze-dried raspberries or cacao nibs and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Makes 20
+ These cookies are what I reach for when I need a post-workout pick-me-up or healthy snack on the go.
+ Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
+ Choose your favourite topping to sprinkle on the cookies (or try all three!). You’ll need about ½ cup in total.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.