sweet and spiced miso almond popcorn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (120g) popcorn kernels
- 1 cup (160g) roasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup (85g) rapadura sugar
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the popcorn kernels, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, for 3 minutes or until popped. Remove from the heat and add the almond.
- Place the maple syrup, sugar and miso in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until the sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high and cook for 3–4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat, add the bicarbonate of soda and five-spice powder and stir well to combine. Working quickly, pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to combine. Spread out on a large oven tray and set aside to cool for 15 minutes or until the caramel has set. Break into small clusters to serve. Makes 10 cups
The popcorn will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.