sweet soy ginger fried rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice+, cooled
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the rice and sweet soy sauce and cook for 4 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the eggs and cook for 1–2 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Carefully turn over the omelette and cook for a further 1 minute or until just set. Remove from pan, roll up and cut into slices.
- Divide the rice between bowls and top with the omelette, peanut, bean sprouts and shiso to serve. Serves 2 or 4 as a side.
+ 1⅓ cups (265g) uncooked rice will yield 4 cups cooked rice.
There are no comments for this entry yet.