vanilla yoghurt and raspberry swirl popsicles
- 2 cups (560g) thick plain yoghurt
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (185g) frozen raspberries, defrosted
- ⅓ cup (70g) caster (superfine) sugar
- To make the raspberry swirl, place the raspberries and sugar into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Place the yoghurt, sugar and vanilla into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Place the raspberry mixture into a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Simmer for 3 -4 minutes stirring occasionally until the mixture has thickened. Place into a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- To set the popsicles, divide the yoghurt mixture between 8 x 80ml popsicle moulds. Top with spoonful’s of raspberry mixture and swirl through the yoghurt. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4–6 hours or until firm. Makes 8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.