cranberry and coconut granola
- 1 cup (200g) raw buckwheat
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (200g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup (90g) honey, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups (75g) flaked coconut
- ½ cup (65g) dried cranberries (craisins)
- blueberries and coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Place the buckwheat and water in a medium bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to soak.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Drain the buckwheat and place in a large bowl. Add the pepitas, chia seeds, sesame seeds, vanilla, honey and oil, and mix to combine.
- Spread the granola over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes. Add the coconut and cranberries and cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool. Serve with blueberries, coconut yoghurt and extra honey. Serves 6–8
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.