crunchy quinoa and thyme tofu chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (50g) quinoa flakes
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 0.5cm batons
kale and olive pesto
- 2 cups (50g) kale leaves
- 80g pitted green olives
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (70g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded
- To make the kale and olive pesto, place the kale in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain, place the kale in a small food processor and add the olives, water, lemon juice, yoghurt and chilli. Process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the eggs and garlic in a bowl and lightly whisk to combine. Place the quinoa, parmesan, chia, thyme, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and toss to combine.
- Dip each piece of tofu in the egg mixture, then into the quinoa crumb to coat.
- Place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 12 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve with the kale and olive pesto. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.