with kipfler chips
- 8 x 125g chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1½ teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 16 slices streaky bacon
- 500g kipfler (waxy) potatoes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- cracked black pepper
- baby cos lettuce and mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the chicken, 1 teaspoon of the paprika, the harissa, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the orange juice in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Wrap 2 pieces of the bacon around each thigh. Place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the potato on a well-greased oven tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and cook for 10–12 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden brown.
- Place the salt, mint, remaining paprika and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the potato and chicken with a little of the paprika salt.
- Serve with lettuce, mayonnaise and paprika salt. Serves 4.
Wonderful standby for a quick dinner