eggplant and caramelised onion pizza
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup (210g) tomato puree (passata)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large wholemeal pita breads
- 1 eggplant (aubergine), thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¾ cup (60g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup (25g) baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the onion, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper on a large oven tray and toss to combine. Cook, stirring halfway, for 15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place the tomato puree, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Place the pita breads on 2 large oven trays, spread with the tomato mixture and top with the caramelised onion, eggplant, tomato, capers and parmesan. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Top with the baby spinach, extra parmesan and salt and pepper, and drizzle with extra oil to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.