lentil, beef and zucchini spelt pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 3 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 400g wholemeal spelt spaghetti*
- 1 (270g) zucchini (courgette), shredded
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and beef and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 3 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add the lentils and gently stir to combine. Set aside.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Divide the pasta and sauce between bowls. Top with the zucchini and extra basil leaves and sprinkle with pepper and parmesan to serve. Serves 4
+ Wholemeal spelt spaghetti has a mild, nutty flavour and is high in fibre. It is available from supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.