spicy prawn nachos
- 22 (1kg) green (raw) tiger prawns (shrimp), peeled and halved lengthways
- ½ cup (160g) chilli in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 300g quinoa and chia corn chips+
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (200g) grated mozzarella
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high heat. Place the prawn and chilli in adobo sauce in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawn mixture and cook for 3–4 minutes or until cooked through. Add the water and stir to combine. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Place the avocado, chives, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and mash to combine.
- Place the corn chips on a baking tray. Top with the prawns, tomato and mozzarella. Place under the grill and cook for 2–3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Top with the guacamole, parsley and green chilli. Serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Quinoa and chia corn chips are available from health food stores and selected greengrocers.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.