raw date cacao and matcha chocolate bars
- 20 fresh dates (350g), pitted
- 1 cup (160g) almonds
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup (50g) cacao powder
- ¼ cup (20g) matcha powder, plus extra for dusting (see note, page 147)
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- ½ cup (50g) LSA+
- Place the dates, almonds, cashews and coconut oil in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together. Add the cacao, matcha, chia seeds and LSA, and process until the mixture sticks together. Press the mixture into a 20cm x 20cm lightly greased square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the tin, dust with matcha and cut into 2cm x 10cm bars to serve. Makes 20.
+ LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of the supermarket.
TIP: The bars will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
There are no comments for this entry yet.