chilli and coconut prawns
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 large mild red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1kg green (raw) prawns, peeled and cleaned, tails left intact
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the lemongrass, ginger, chilli, garlic, salt and oil and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the prawns to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes or until cooked through. Return the coconut mixture to the pan and toss with the prawns. Serve warm with lime wedges. Serves 4
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2019 which has subtle tropical notes, with hints of passionfruit backed by zesty citrus, orchard blossom and lime.
Photography: Con Poulos
Click the links below for the recipes featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.