broccoli, broad bean and cucumber tabouli
with creamy hummus dressing
- 800g broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups (300g) frozen broad (fava) beans, blanched and peeled
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 170g Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
creamy hummus dressing
- ¼ cup (60g) store-bought hummus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). To make the dressing, place the hummus, water, lemon juice and pepper in bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the broccoli, in batches, in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the garlic, oil, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture on 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 8–10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the parsley, mint, beans, chilli, broccoli and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad and cucumber between plates. Top with the extra parsley and mint, drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.